Designed for portability, this clinical companion provides at-a-glance access to the information you need for more than 200 medical-surgical conditions and procedures. Completely updated content mirrors the revisions in the new 11th edition of Lewis’s main text: Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems. This clinical companion is organized alphabetically for quick reference and includes a variety of full-color illustrations, summary tables, and a handy reference appendix full of laboratory values, Spanish translations of key phrases, and other information commonly used in nursing practice.
- Consistent and practical information covers definitions and descriptions, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, complications, diagnostic studies, interprofessional care and drug therapy, and nursing management.
- Treatments and Procedures section summarizes the need-to-know content about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as basic life support, enteral nutrition, and artificial airway management.
- Handy reference appendix contains information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, Spanish translations of key phrases, and much more.
- Patient and caregiver teaching content is highlighted with a special icon to identify appropriate information to share with patients and caregivers about the care of various conditions.
- Cross-references to the Lewis main text identify how to access more in-depth information.
- Attractive four-color design makes it easy to locate specific information within the clinical companion.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the revisions and updates in Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing, 11th Edition main text.