Skeels Handbook of Cancer Chemotherapy combines in one place the most current rationale and specific details necessary to safely administer chemotherapy for most adult cancers. The handbook is a practical, diseased focused pocket reference that emphasizes the best current medical practice as it relates to the delivery of chemotherapeutic drugs. By focusing on specific plans for treatment, the book is an invaluable resource for the daily care of cancer patients.
Features of Book
- NEW Major revisions in Section II, Chemotherapeutic and Biotherapeutic Agents new agents of clinical relevance (approved and promising) since the last edition, about 10 new agents
- NEW Substantial revisions of most chapters in Section III , Chemotherapy of Human Cancer (the disease oriented section), to reflect the advances in therapy in the last four years
- NEW Updates, but no major revision to Section I Basic Principles
- Emphasizes primary indication, usual dosage/schedule and expected toxicities of drugs used
- Focus on the newest therapeutic advances for specific tumor types
- Site specific (organized by disease)