Hundreds of carefully designed exercises along with clear discussions of theory teach nursing students how to integrate effective management skills with expert leadership skills. The authors experiential learning approach makes it easy to put these skills into practice in any health care setting. This book helps students develop the critical thinking ability needed to apply skills on the job from organizing patient care to motivating staff to managing conflict.
- Integrates the instruction of leadership and management skills which in effective practice are closely linked
- NEW! Thorough updates and revisions reflect the latest research findings and practices in nursing leadership and management.
- Approximately 250 Learning Exercises such as case studies allows the student to act as nurse-manager: assessing, deciding and executing. This develops critical thinking skills necessary to being an effective leader.
- Examining the Evidence highlights new research findings and best evidence-based practices in nursing leadership and management.
- Break Out Comments are highlighted throughout each chapter visually reinforcing key ideas.
- Tables, Displays and Illustrations are liberally supplied throughout the text to reinforce learning as well as to help clarify complex information.
- Key Concepts summarize important issues discussed in text
- NEW! Ancillaries now include PowerPoint documents and a Test Generator.