• The new and fresh look reinvigorates the experience of the reader and highlights the comprehensive material, which students have trusted over the years.
• The text has been presented in a bulleted format that makes imbibing the basic concepts of parasitology easy.
• All chapters have been rearranged in a sequential format and thoroughly updated. The laboratory diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis parts have been completely rewritten.
• Includes 300 multi-color diagrams making the learning much easier than ever before. Schematic diagrams of life cycles have been added for a stronger conceptual understanding. All diagrams are easy to reproduce in the examinations. A good number of photographs of specimens have also been added.
• Three new chapters-Balantidium coli, Pneumocystis jirovecii and Microsporidia have been added. The chapter on Diagnostic Methods in Parasitology has been completely updated with latest techniques to keep the students abreast with the latest developments in the field.
• Relevant flowcharts on laboratory diagnosis and tables have been added wherever required, for quick grasp of the subject
• Important concepts for the preparation of postgraduate entrance examination have been included in separate boxes within the text. "Key-points" in a box format have been added at the end of each chapter to aid the students in last minute revision
• Review questions at the end of each chapter and MCQs at the end of the book have been added to reinforce the subject and prepare students for future examinations.