Make sure you are thoroughly prepared to work in a clinical lab. Rodak’s Hematology: Clinical Principles and Applications, 6th Edition uses hundreds of full-color photomicrographs to help you understand the essentials of hematology. This new edition shows how to accurately identify cells, simplifies hemostasis and thrombosis concepts, and covers normal hematopoiesis through diseases of erythroid, myeloid, lymphoid, and megakaryocytic origins. Easy to follow and understand, this book also covers key topics including: working in a hematology lab; complementary testing areas such as flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and molecular diagnostics; the parts and functions of the cell; and laboratory testing of blood cells and body fluid cells.
- UPDATED nearly 700 full-color illustrations and photomicrographs make it easier for you to visualize hematology concepts and show what you’ll encounter in the lab, with images appearing near their mentions in the text to minimize flipping pages back and forth.
- UPDATED content throughout text reflects latest information on hematology.
- Instructions for lab procedures include sources of possible errors along with comments.
- Hematology instruments are described, compared, and contrasted.
- Case studies in each chapter provide opportunities to apply hematology concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Hematology/hemostasis reference ranges are listed on the inside front and back covers for quick reference.
- A bulleted summary makes it easy for you to review the important points in every chapter.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter and indicate what you should achieve, with review questions appearing at the end.
- A glossary of key terms makes it easy to find and learn definitions.
- NEW! Additional content on cell structure and receptors helps you learn to identify these organisms.
- NEW! New chapter on Introduction to Hematology Malignancies provides and overview of diagnostic technology and techniques used in the lab.