Among the topics covered:
· Civil commitment of sex offenders.
· The physiological basis of problematic sexual interests and behaviors.
· Sexually violent predator evaluations: problems and proposals.
· Cultural considerations in the assessment of sexually violent predators.
· Management of sex offenders in community settings.
· Effective use of an expert in sexually violent predator commitment hearings.
Offering numerous issues for discussion and debate with considerable implications for clinical practice, policy, and the judicial system, Sexually Violent Predators will interest and enlighten forensic psychologists and psychiatrists as well as social workers, policy-makers, and legal professionals.