In each chapter, bulleted key learning points and review study questions bookend the text. Six additional sections, comprised exclusively of clinical case studies illustrating the management of both oncologic and non-oncologic conditions, add to the pedagogical value of the text.
The book is organized around the major themes of the discipline and includes current research, clinical practice, emerging technologies and didactic questions and is divided into six thematic sections:
- Fertility implications in both oncologic and non-oncologic settings
- Options for fertility preservation, both male and female
- Care of the oncofertility patient, including contraception and pregnancy considerations
- Oncofertility in clinical practice, from setting up a new program to genetic counseling and communication
- Ethical and legal considerations
- Advances in the basic science of oncofertility
Timely and utilizing the best current evidence, Textbook of Oncofertility Research and Practice: A Multidisciplinary Approach will be an invaluable resource for students, residents, fellows and professionals in reproductive endocrinology, pediatric endocrinology, adult and pediatric oncology, adult and pediatric urology, breast surgery, radiation oncology and allied professions where iatrogenic treatments or genetic conditions result in infertility.