Hand Therapy, 3rd Edition emphasizes treatment fundamentals, and provides tips and guidelines for hand therapy practice. This easy-to-use illustrated text and reference guide helps further develop your clinical reasoning skills by describing what goes into the evaluation process, highlighting the humanistic side of each encounter through case studies, and providing the wisdom the contributing authors have acquired through years of practice. This new edition also features additional chapters on the use of common physical agents and orthoses, plus added content on how to integrate evidence-based findings into daily hand practice.
- UPDATED! Chapter covering Orthoses Essential Concepts reflects the latest information in the field.
- Case studies with questions and resolutions help you develop strong clinical reasoning skills while presenting the human side of each client encounter.
- Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help you find your own clinical voice.
- Anatomy sections throughout text highlight important anatomical bases of dysfunctions, injuries, or disorders.
- Clinical Pearls highlight relevant information from an experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice in the future.
- Evaluation Techniques and Tips help you master appropriate and thorough clinical evaluation of clients.
- Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.
- NEW! Chapter covering Physical Agent Modalities helps you understand how to use common hand therapy tools.
- NEW! Evidence-Based Practice content outlines how to closely examine evidence and integrate it into daily hand therapy practice.
- NEW! Photos and illustrations throughout provide clear examples of tools, techniques, and therapies.