About the Book
This book has been made as comprehensive as possible with 14 sections which deals with different aspects of tropical diseases with special reference to India. It covers all the important topics, arranging them systematically starting from Epidemiology, Nutritional disorders, Neonatal problems, Infectious diseases, Non-communicable diseases, pediatric subspecialties, Accident and poisoning, Emergencies and intensive care, Environmental issues and certain neglected tropical diseases of our country.
- First ever comprehensive textbook on Tropical Diseases in Pediatrics from India.
- More than 85 state-of-the-art chapters covering all the aspects of tropical pediatric diseases.
- Authored by more than 80 national and international clinicians and experts in subject.
- Systematically arranged chapters in 14 sections such as epidemiology, nutritional disorders, neonatal problems, infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, pediatric subspecialties, accidents and poisoning, emergencies and intensive care, environmental issues and certain neglected tropical diseases of our country.
- Infectious disease section covers, bacterial, mycobacterial, viral, parasitic, protozoal and fungal diseases.
- Neonatal problems in tropics extensively cover all the issues.
- Non-communicable diseases, accidents and poisonings, emergencies and accidental issues are also covered.
- Special emphasis on environmental issues, pediatric ophthalmology and pediatric oral health.
- Practicing pediatricians and postgraduate students