Cengage India Principles of Pharmacology for Medical Assisting 6th Edition 2020 by Jane Rice
Written expressly for medical assistants by a medical assistant, PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR MEDICAL ASSISTING, 6E delivers CAAHEP/AAMA standards and competency-based objectives in an easy-to-understand approach. After a step-by-step math review with many examples and practice problems, the author progresses through dosage calculations, pharmacology concepts and drugs, and a thorough review of medications as they relate to each body system. Helpful in-text features add interest to the readings while detailed appendices offer students a path to explore health care concepts at greater depth. Read by thousands of medical assisting students and instructors to date, PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR MEDICAL ASSISTING has been a trusted resource for more than 26 years.
- - Concise Math: Step-by-step discussions of math concepts include many solved examples to clearly illustrate the calculations required in medical assisting careers.
- - Engaging Features: “Special Consideration” boxes, end-of-chapter assessments, and content “Spotlight” boxes highlight critical information, encourage critical thinking, and make reading more enjoyable.
- - Proven Resource: Written for medical assisting programs by a seasoned medical assisting instructor, PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR MEDICAL ASSISTING has been a trusted resource for more than 26 years.
- - Standards-based Content: CAAHEP/AAMA standards outlined in the beginning of each section help readers see clearly the connection between requirements and health care practice.
- - Focused Objectives: Competency-based objectives begin each chapter to pinpoint key content and clarify learning goals for the unit.
- Table of Contents:-
SECTION I: MATHEMATICS AND DOSAGE CALCULATIONS.
- 1. Numerals and Fractions.
- 2. Decimal Fractions.
- 3. Ratio and Proportion.
- 4. The Metric System.
- 5. Calculating Adult Dosages: Oral and Parenteral Forms.
- 6. Calculating Children’s Dosages.
SECTION II: INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACOLOGY.
- 7. Drug Sources, Schedules, and Dosages.
- 8. Forms of Drugs and How They Act.
- 9. The Order.
- 10. Medication Administration Essentials.
- 11. Administration of Nonparenteral Medications.
- 12. Parenteral Equipment and Supplies.
- 13. Administration of Parenteral Medications.
- 14. Allergy: An Overview.
SECTION III: MEDICATIONS, SUPPLEMENTS, AND DRUG ABUSE.
- 15. Antibiotic Agents.
- 16. Antifungal, Antiviral, and Immunizing Agents.
- 17. Antineoplastic Agents.
- 18. Vitamins and Minerals.
- 19. Psychotropic Agents.
- 20. Substance Abuse.
SECTION IV: EFFECTS OF MEDICATIONS ON BODY SYSTEMS.
- 21. Medications Used for Musculoskeletal System Disorders.
- 22. Medications Used for Gastrointestinal System Disorders.
- 23. Medications Used for Cardiovascular System Disorders.
- 24. Medications That Affect the Respiratory System.
- 25. Diuretics and Medications Used for Urinary System Disorders.
- 26. Medications Used in Treatment of Endocrine Disorders.
- 27. Medications That Affect the Nervous System.
- 28. Medications That Affect the Reproductive System.
- Appendix A: Alphabetical Listing of Websites for Additional Drug Information.
- Appendix B: Helpful Resources.
- Appendix C: Performance Checklists.